What is the number one choice of hunting video cameras?
Safety is the highest priority when you are out hunting. When you have a weapon in your hands you should not be trying to toggle your phone camera and weapon at the same time. This is for your safety and the safety of everyone in your hunting party. If you want to capture your hunting expedition then you need a hunting video camera that is hands free. The best practice for making a video to capture the hunt is to just have a camera rolling the entire time. You can easily download the video file and edit out all the parts you don’t want – thus making the movie shorter and covering only the highlights that you want to share with everyone. The GoPro camera listed below even comes with software to make your editing experience trivially easy. The GoPro HERO4 SILVER is the most used camera for all sorts of outdoor activities and this is the best choice of all the options for hunting video cameras. They are very robust, can handle getting dropped, and even waterproof for wetter days. Because the GoPro cameras are so popular there are some excellent accessories. The accessories allow you to strap the camera to your head, chest, weapon, or trusty hunting dog. Being able to record the thrill of the hunt and preserve it in video is like taking a snapshot in time that you can enjoy forever.
Does it really matter what type of hunting shirts you use? The answer is not really. It’s more important that your shirt doesn’t smell rather than what it looks like. The only time it matters is if the animal you are tracking can see a full spectrum of colors – this is mostly birds, few lizards, and several primates.
Good hunting shirts
- Most animals are color blind so the color doesn’t matter
- EXCEPT – almost all birds can see full colors so you will want to have camouflage
- Ground animals don’t see clear either, be more concerned with your smell or scent
- Just wear hunting shirts that are comfortable, offer full mobility, and are appropriate for the weather.
- In the summer you want thin clothing that breathes well
- During the winter you obviously want hunting shirts that are thicker and will keep you warm
- Most animals cannot see the same spectrum of visible light that we can. If you wear orange you will be easier to be spotted by another human and an animal will not be able to tell the difference.
- Also note that when you wash your hunting shirts that you should use a cold rinse with little to no detergent. Animals can smell the soap for miles.
What makes the best hunting knife
Hunting knives are used for various aspects of hunting. A knife is used to make the final kill such as slitting a throat. A hunting knife also needs to be good at skinning the animal. A hunting knife is just a crucial tool that no hunter should be without. There are 100’s of knives that can qualify as the best hunting knife. The following is a list of aspects of a hunting knife that are required no matter what knife you chose. The main problem with this list is there is no knife that meets the maximum of all these criteria. As you increase one attribute a different attribute will decrease. Example is hardness and toughness are inversely proportional to each other.
- Minimum Length 3-4 Inches
- Locking Blade
- Needs a Secure Handle – you must be able to have a firm grip on the handle when using the knife.
- Hardness – a minimum of HRC on the Rockwell scale
- Toughness – this is the ability to of the knife to resist damages, and the higher the hardness the less tough the knife will be
- Water Resistant – it will get wet when hunting. All parts of the hunting knife need to be resistant to water
- Edge Retention – does the blade stay sharp with multiple uses.
Recommended best hunting knife
There are actually two knives that are recommended. The first is a pocket knife. Some people prefer to just store a knife in a pocket. The second is a sheathed knife for hunters who prefer to case the knife on a belt or hunting vest.
What is a tactical LED flashlight
A tactical light is a flashlight used in conjunction with a firearm to aid low light target identification, allowing the marksman to simultaneously aim and illuminate the target.Tactical lights can be handheld or mounted to the weapon with the light beam parallel to the bore.
Some people want a tactical light that has multiple colors like red or blue. Red light is the best at helping preserve night vision and blue light is best at seeing blood trails. In my experience I have never needed or used either of the light filters. There are a few attributes that I find to be more important than any other feature. The first and most important is having high lumens. If you have an intruder in your house and you have a handheld tactical led flashlight high lumens will blind your assailant thus making attack against you significantly less accurate. The second attribute I find important is how is the beam focused. Various circumstances need a wide girth and others need a narrow girth focus. Having a light that can change the width of the beam is a very important feature. The final option that I find important is being able to change the brightness level. Using your tactical led flashlight at full brightness usually means the batteries will die within a few hours. 1000 lumens requires a lot of energy. Toning down the light until the bright lumens are needed will make the night excursion less chaotic as your flashlight won’t die in the middle of use. Also having the flashlight use LED lights as apposed to halogen or other types helps preserve electricity as light emitting diodes need considerably less electricity.